Cara here to share a fun technique with you.
I LOVE Pinterest!! Any other Pinterest lovers out there?
I love all the fun crafty ideas...I want to share one of the newest ideas I found with you. I'm a washi tape fanatic (and remember if you don't have washi tape you can always use patterned paper scraps...which I KNOW everyone has!!!).
This idea is from Doodlebug designer Melinda Spinks...
1. First cut/score/fold all your cards using white card stock and make them 4" x 5".
2. Layer your strips of washi tape to the front of each card. Melinda left a 3/4" margin at the top and bottom.
4. Using more white card stock, cut a front panel for each of your cards measuring 3.5" x 4.5".
5. Cut your Christmas shape from each panel (use die cutting machine or punch).
6. Decorate the front of each panel and then use foam pop dots to adhere to the front of your cards.
Aren't these so cute? You could also use the same method to make a Christmas present out of a square die cut (or cut out the square yourself with a craft knife). Add a bow and a saying, and you're good to go. Or use different washi tape and make it a BIRTHDAY present for a birthday card!
The possibilities are many...I'm thinking with a heart die cut, cute red and pink washi tape and a Valentine's saying, you could have an adorable Valentine's card.
Or...for an "everyday" card, you could do the same with cloud dies/punches and use blue/aqua washi tape. I can't wait to try this myself!! Have fun creating! ~Cara